ALGOR, Inc. makes computer software and provides services for mechanical and civil engineers in industries such as automotive, aerospace, medical, consumer products, military, electric power, petroleum, large structures, MEMS and more.
ALGORís product line includes design, analysis and simulation tools that allow engineers to virtually test and predict real-world behavior of new and existing product designs. These tests help engineers speed up time to market and make better, safer products at a lower cost.
Our wide range of simulation capabilities includes static stress and Mechanical Event Simulation (MES) with linear and nonlinear material models, linear dynamics, steady-state and transient heat transfer, steady and unsteady fluid flow, electrostatics, full multiphysics and piping. These analysis capabilities are all available within FEMPRO, an easy-to-use single user interface that supports most CAD solid modelers and includes sketching, modeling and meshing tools.
ALGOR products are based on the finite element method. Some unique factors include:
- cost-effective solutions for networked license sharing; enterprise-wide and remote-use licensing; and single, node-locked licensing
- direct data exchange and full associativity with most CAD solid modelers through a single user interface available for all analysis types
- industry-recognized, parametric, feature-based modeling system for creating 3-D solid models of parts and assemblies
- Superdraw tools for 2- and 3-D sketching, modeling and structured meshing
- an automatic, hex-dominant hybrid meshing tool to produce higher quality elements on the first pass and more accurate results
- MES for combining large-scale motion and stress analysis in a single process which simulates real-world conditions more accurately
- multiphysics capabilities such as electrostatic-structural, thermal-structural, fluid-thermal and fluid-thermal-structural
- specialized FEM piping and pressure vessel system design and analysis tools to verify compliance with international codes
- full compatibility with industry-standard NASTRAN input and output files so that NASTRAN and/or FEMAP users can benefit from our value-added capabilities including an easy-to-use single user interface, full CAD/CAE associativity with most CAD solid modelers, automatic brick and tetrahedral solid meshing and complementary analysis tools such as fluid flow and MES for combined motion and stress analysis
- open design environment for engineering data sharing and expansion of technology partnerships